Do you take advantage of the many sales channels available to expand your reach and grow your business as fast as possible?
Even the smallest retailer can reach a market of millions when selling online. If you do, are you managing multichannel sales in the most efficient manner? Multichannel inventory management can help you grow your business by providing seamless third-party integrations through Magento, Amazon, Bigcommerce and more.
Managing multichannel sales can be simple, but in order to do so, you want to be sure you have the right tools in place. Even though adding sales channels may help your business prosper, it can also add bottlenecks if not managed properly.
To efficiently manage and ensure you make the most of your multichannel sales strategy, consider an order management system (OMS), which will allow you to:
- Seamlessly integrate your business operations across all of your sales channels into a single workflow from the entry point of shopping to the delivery point of shipping.
- Sell your entire inventory or just a small sample through your storefront and other channels.
- Automatically download new orders, publish product information and synchronize your inventory.
If you’re looking for affordability and convenience, a cloud based order management system can save you money when managing multichannel sales channels:
- No Infrastructure Costs: You don’t need the technology infrastructure or back-up systems, which are necessary with an “on premise” solution you manage and maintain. Infrastructure costs generally account for a large portion of an IT budget, including physical maintenance, upgrades, personnel salaries and so on. By shifting to cloud computing, you are free of such expenses. You can say goodbye to the days of purchasing expensive servers or software licenses.
- Pay As You Go: Cloud computing providers operate on a ‘pay for use’ model. In other words, you only pay for the services you use. This generally works out to be much cheaper than acquiring equipment you hardly use, especially for smaller or rapidly growing businesses.
- Low Operational Costs: When your OMS is hosted in the cloud, you don’t have large up-front cash outlays. When you acquire expensive equipment, that’s considered a capital expenditure, and a big one at that, one that depreciates over time. With cloud computing, your one-time expense is spread across many operational cycles, becoming part of operational costs. As any corporate finance professional will tell you, this is a much better alternative.
The cloud offers a scalable and affordable way for you to grow your business, which in turn makes managing multichannel sales much easier. It does so by tying the back-office to the front-office, improving how and where your small business could utilize resources to help it grow. Still hesitant? Find out some cloud based order management quick tips to consider before switching.
Multichannel Order Management for eCommerce does not have to be a time-consuming process; learn how to optimize the order fulfillment process, ensure your order processes are running smoothly and more in the free eBook below.