Ready or not, Black Friday is just around the corner. The biggest shopping day of the year is an excellent opportunity for eCommerce businesses to boost their sales, but it can also be a lot of work. If you’re not prepared, things can quickly get out of hand.
Luckily, we’re here to help. In this post, we’ll share our top 5 tips for managing your orders during Black Friday. By following these tips, you’ll be able to keep your business running smoothly and increase your sales. Let’s get started!
Start Preparing for Black Friday Early
You might think that Black Friday is all about the shoppers, but as an eCommerce business, you need to be just as prepared as your customers. In fact, you need to start preparing for Black Friday well in advance.
Here are the top 5 tips for order management during Black Friday:
- Start planning early
- Create a detailed plan and stick to it
- Make sure your inventory is ready
- Communicate with your customers
- Enhance your order management system to handle a rush
Have a System in Place to Track Orders
You will want to have a solid system in place to track all your orders during Black Friday. That way, you can stay on top of things and ensure everything runs smoothly.
A lot will happen at once during this busy shopping holiday, so it’s important to have a plan. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Make sure you have a system in place to track orders. This will help you keep on top of things and ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.
- Prepare for an influx of orders. Black Friday is one of the busiest shopping days of the year, so be prepared for a surge in volume. Have extra staff on hand and make sure your fulfillment process is rapid and error-free.
- Stay organized. This goes hand in hand with having a system in place to track orders. Make sure you have processes in place for each stage of the order fulfillment process and keep track of what’s been shipped and what’s still waiting to go out.
- Communicate with your customers. Keep your customers in the loop by sending them regular updates on their order status. This will help keep them happy and ensure they don’t start looking elsewhere for their holiday shopping needs.
- Use an eCommerce shipping platform that can handle Black Friday volumes. During this busy shopping holiday, your shipping platform is going to be put to the test. Make sure you’re using one that can handle high volumes without any hiccups.
Have a Backup Plan
You can’t afford to have any glitches when it comes to order management on Black Friday. So make sure you have a backup plan in place.
You probably think that’s a lot of work, but it’s worth it. Because if something goes wrong, you’re going to be dealing with pissed-off customers and lost sales. Not to mention the fact that you’ll be dealing with a lot of headaches.
So make sure you have a plan for:
– Tracking orders
– Processing refunds
– Handling customer service inquiries
– Managing inventory
Order Fulfillment Tools to Reduce Mistakes & Profit Loss.
Order fulfillment Software is one of the smartest things you can do this Black Friday. Not only will it help you avoid costly mistakes, but it’ll also help you boost your profits. Here are the top 5 reasons why you should think about fulfillment tools this Black Friday:
- It’ll help you reduce errors and ensure that all orders are processed accurately.
- You’ll be able to focus on scaling your business and expanding your customer base.
- Fulfillment software will help you save time and money.
- You’ll be able to reduce stress and increase efficiency.
- It’ll give you peace of mind knowing that your orders are accounted for.
Ready to make the most of Black Friday? Make sure you’re prepared by following these top tips for inventory management.
- Don’t overstock: It might be tempting to stock up on products in anticipation of a busy sales period, but this can actually lead to more problems down the line. Too much inventory can take up valuable space and lead to overstocking, which can be costly.
- Use forecasting tools: Tools like Salesforce’s Wave can help you predict how much stock you’ll need for different products during different periods. This way, you won’t be caught off guard by an influx of orders and can avoid running out of stock.
- Use packing slips: Packing slips help you track exactly what’s been shipped, which is essential for accurate inventory management.
- Use barcodes: Barcodes make it easy to track inventory quickly and easily. When every item is scanned and has a barcode, it’s easy to see when and where stock is running low.
- Keep a close eye on your numbers: By tracking your inventory numbers closely, you’ll be able to identify any potential problems before they become too serious.
As we gear up for the biggest shopping event of the year, we hope these order management tips set you up for success. You can also reach out to us to learn more about our M.O.M. software if you’re ready to go to that next level in automation.