To achieve eCommerce success this season, don’t make these critical mistakes. Read on for our:
Top 5 eCommerce Holiday Don’ts for 2019
- DON’T: Underestimate the amount of inventory you need – It’s so true: you can’t sell what you don’t have. You only have a few minutes to make that first impression, and data proves what we all know anyway: if you don’t have product, customers will go where they can get it (and they’re likely to never return). Use your historical sales data to get the order quantity right for your leading products so you can avoid costly stockouts!
- DON’T: Kick off that great, complex pricing promotion you thought of on Black Friday! To win the cyber sales war, keep your pricing attractive, competitive and logical so you can avoid the shaking of heads. If it doesn’t make sense to your customers or your sales agents, your traffic will go to your competitors. Innovation is great, but sales are better.
- DON’T: Promise shipping deadlines that you can’t meet – What makes customers mad? An empty box under the tree. Accommodating customers might be the name of the game, but if your deadlines are off or if your staff can’t get orders out the door, you might lose a customer forever instead of just missing one sale. Be realistic when you promise deliveries.
- DON’T: Update your website at the last minute – Feel free to update inventory, some promotions or product descriptions, but don’t make major changes to your website after mid-November. We all know that mobile sales will be king this holiday season, and sure, a fresh look can improve sales. But don’t run the risk of failure by rolling the dice at the last minute. We suggest locking down your site, monitoring its performance and spending time reviewing competitor’s sites during the holidays. That way you can have a plan in place to improve your site leading up to the next holiday season.
- DON’T: Neglect marketing – You worked hard all year to build your brand. Your social media looks great and sales are streaming in – now is not the time to stop! Once the flood gates open, don’t go silent and let them close. Continue to promote your products and watch the sales roll in. Email marketing, blogging, social, promotions and sales…when done well and consistently, they all add up to a potentially very lucrative holiday season.
To talk to someone about how Freestyle can help you during the busy holiday season (and the rest of the year, too), reach out today!
Want to learn more about our industry-leading OMS software, M.O.M.?
Images provided by Pixabay | 3D_Maennchen